School Dedicated in Honor of Church Member

November 8th 2012 No comments yet  

Joyce ComstockAt 7:30 a.m. one morning, Joyce Comstock got a call. Preparing for bad news, she braced herself and answered the phone. “A friend of mine said, “˜Joyce, are you sitting down? There’s going to be a Joyce Comstock School.'”

“No one was ever more surprised,” Joyce said. “I’m very honored and very humbled.” After 21 years in education, eight years at Frisco High School, she would have an elementary school bearing her name.

However, Joyce had one request before accepting the honor. She …

What does it mean to be American: Freedom

July 3rd 2012 No comments yet  

We asked pastor Les Fleetwood what it means to be American. Below is his compelling response:

In a word: Freedom.

236 years ago, on July 4, 1776, great men wrote and ratified the Declaration of Independence. Thomas Jefferson penned in sweeping terms this great sentence:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are …

What does it mean to be American: She is worth it

July 2nd 2012 No comments yet  

We asked Pastor Roy Williamson what it means to be American. Here is his powerful response:

It means I can unhesitatingly say, “My country is worth it.” The American people, flawed sinners joined together not by ethnicity or color, but by common hopes and dreams, are worth it. The land that encompasses America is worth it.  The promises implicit in the American way of life is worth it. The freedom we enjoy to think, speak, love, and work is worth it.

What is “it?”  …

Page 3 of 812345...Last »

Recent Conversations     

Blog Authors     

Disclaimer

Welcome to our blog. The articles posted here are written by staff, volunteers, and guest authors and are intended for polite discussion, not heated debate. The views and opinions expressed here are those of the individual authors and do not necessarily represent the teachings of Stonebriar Community Church.

Any articles and other links included here are items the individual authors considered helpful or of interest. Stonebriar Community Church does not necessarily endorse or agree with the content or views expressed on the linked websites nor is it responsible for any information or advertisements on external websites.

Recently  
Lessons on the Track
Healing from Shame
Find Purpose in the Pain
The Insanity of Fear
Ordinary to Extraordinary
What’s in a Shoebox?
Sharing the Good News
Why Mentoring Teens Matters
Operation Christmas Child: The Countdown Begins
Hungry
(More)