What Does Being an American Mean to You?

June 29th 2012 No comments yet  

What does it mean to be American? Our staff responds:

Teresa Kay, director of ProjectServe

The first thoughts that come to my mind are freedom and privilege ““ the privilege God has granted me to live in a country that provided that freedom.  I believe America has offered the best of what life on this earth has to offer ““ opportunity, security, equality, and liberty.  I wish I felt the same way about the future of America, but that is the America I have …

On Your Mark, Get Set… Run the Race

June 15th 2012 No comments yet  

I’ve had the privilege of volunteering with the fifth and sixth graders of Junction 56 this week at VBS 2012: The Race is On. I must be allowed to brag about this ministry for a moment! The depth of the teaching, as well as the receptiveness of the students, has blown me away this week. Pastor Joe and all of the volunteers are so intentional about teaching the kids to take ownership and responsibility for growing in their walk with …

Volunteering is a Way to Say “Thank You”

May 30th 2012 No comments yet  

Volunteer Coordinator, Teresa Kay describes Kathy O’Shanic as the “Queen of Volunteers” because “she is willing to do most anything!” Read more about how she tirelessly serves our Stonebriar family:

I started attending Stonebriar on Mother’s Day in 2002; I had only been saved two years at that point.  I joined the church in September of 2002.  I think my first volunteering was Christmas decorating that year so in December I will have been volunteering for 10 years! 

I think the main reason I …

Page 4 of 8« First...23456...Last »

Recent Conversations     

Blog Authors     

Disclaimer

Welcome to our blog. The articles posted here are written by staff, volunteers, and guest authors and are intended for polite discussion, not heated debate. The views and opinions expressed here are those of the individual authors and do not necessarily represent the teachings of Stonebriar Community Church.

Any articles and other links included here are items the individual authors considered helpful or of interest. Stonebriar Community Church does not necessarily endorse or agree with the content or views expressed on the linked websites nor is it responsible for any information or advertisements on external websites.

Recently  
Healing from Shame
Find Purpose in the Pain
The Insanity of Fear
Ordinary to Extraordinary
What’s in a Shoebox?
Sharing the Good News
Why Mentoring Teens Matters
Operation Christmas Child: The Countdown Begins
Hungry
Choose to Love
(More)